Perhaps you have noticed that bone grafting is something that can help individuals dealing with jaw tissue damage. If you have experienced any amount of jaw deterioration, this oral surgery treatment may become something you feel you owe it to yourself to investigate. Fortunately, discovering more about it and how it may help you is as easy as scheduling a consultation. Until then, let our quiz be your introductory guide.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: A very common reason you may require bone grafting is if you’re attempting to become a good candidate for dental implants. You’ll need a strong jaw that is healthy for placement.
- True or False: One of the primary causes of destruction to your jawbone is periodontal disease. If it progressed far enough to damage your jaw, grafting can help restore the tissue.
- True or False: Grafting is an oral surgery procedure during which we will place bone tissue where you’ve experienced damage and deterioration.
- True. If you do not have sufficient, strong, healthy, voluminous jawbone tissue, you may require grafting to become a good candidate for the placement of implants.
- True. A damaged jawbone is frequently the result of periodontal disease. Keep in mind, there are also many other potential causes, so if you think you’re the only one, you are not!
- True. The act of bone grafting will include the placement and attachment of artificial tissue or your natural bone tissue to replace what’s missing. In some instances, this may promote new tissue growth, as well.
Discover Whether Grafting Can Save Your Smile During A Visit
Come in for a consultation if you’re dealing with jaw deterioration or similar concerns and would like to learn more about how bone grafting can work for you. To schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today by calling 562-584-4082. We proudly welcome patients of all ages from Cerritos, CA, and all surrounding communities, such as Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and more.