When To Get Wisdom Teeth Removed
The jawbone becomes denser as a patient gets older. This makes extracting teeth more challenging. However, a patient in his or her teens has a less dense jawbone, making a tooth, or teeth easier to remove.
What Signs Suggest A Need for Wisdom Teeth Removal?
Preventive removal of wisdom teeth upon your dentist’s suggestion is a personal choice that may help you avoid future problems. In some cases, this treatment may be needed if:
- X-rays reveal your wisdom teeth are growing in crooked or horizontally
- Your tooth is emerging through the side of your gum
- The wisdom teeth are impacted
- Cysts or tumors have formed around impacted teeth
- You experience recurring infections in and around the wisdom tooth
- Wisdom teeth are causing extreme discomfort or swelling
Schedule A Wisdom Tooth Removal With Us Today
At the offices of Shawn Hofkes, DDS, we are dedicated to helping you achieve a healthy, brilliant smile. Please call 562-584-4082 today to schedule your dental appointment with us. We welcome patients of all ages from Cerritos, CA, and all surrounding communities, such as Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and more.