Do you feel some urgency to come in for sleep apnea treatment but not enough to schedule a visit immediately? Are you curious about why we seem so serious about your need to begin treatment as soon as you can? What you may be overlooking is the fact that sleep apnea does not only bring with it a series of side effects that impact your daily life but also your long-term wellbeing. As a result, the sooner you commit to treatment, the greater your chance at avoiding serious harm to your overall health. Quiz yourself to find out more!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: The main cause for concern with avoiding sleep apnea treatment is the choking sound you make in your sleep when you wake up to breathe. Over time, your throat will feel raw.
- True or False: If you avoid treatment for your sleep disorder, you will most likely end up with long-term side effects. Though serious, they will not threaten your life.
- True or False: The long-term health problems related to sleep apnea are all related to your oral health.
- False. It is, of course, annoying to deal with a sore throat. However, this is not the primary cause for concern related to serious health threats that may occur due to sleep apnea. Good news, however: Sleep apnea treatment will stop the throat soreness.
- False. The reason we are so insistent about your decision to come in and begin treatment is the fact that not only your health but also your life may be at stake.
- False. The long-term health related side effects are associated with the fact that you are depriving your brain and body of sufficient oxygen due to sleep apnea. As a result, high blood pressure, heart problems, liver problems, and more can develop over time.