The good news if you’re sleep apnea sufferer is that we offer sleep apnea treatment to improve the experience you have with your day-to-day life, while protecting you from long-term side effects like health problems. If you have been curious about whether this sleep disorder may be affecting your life, learning more about the following common symptoms may motivate you to call us for a visit today, so we can quickly get you on the road to recovery:
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- Daily Mood Swings. Dealing with a single night of interrupted sleep can make just about anybody feel annoyed and a bit moody. Now multiply that by days, weeks, months, or even years – you’ve got a recipe for some serious mood swings that you cannot control because they stem from exhaustion.
- Chronic Exhaustion. Your body requires a consistent amount of nightly sleep for you to remain in good health. Unfortunately, avoiding sleep apnea treatment may cause you to deal with daily fatigue and the dangerous side effects of exhaustion, which can include liver function issues and cardiac concerns.
- Sore Morning Throat. If your throat tissues are collapsing multiple times a night and you’re snoring loudly, you may wake up with a sore throat.
- Dry Mouth Upon Waking. The result of attempting to gasp for air and mouth breathing due to snoring and sleep apnea may result in the sensation of cotton mouth when you wake up.
- Headaches. Not receiving enough oxygen while you sleep? Feeling exhausted? Sleep apnea sufferers often deal with daily headaches.
- Poor Concentration. Remember the days of staying up all night to study for a test only to find out that your exhaustion made it extremely hard to concentrate on the very test you’d prepped for? Failing to receive adequate sleep because you have not yet begun sleep apnea treatment may cause serious concentration problems.
ABOUT YOUR CERRITOS, CA ORAL SURGEON:
Dr. Shawn Hofkes and the staff at Cerritos Dental Surgery are highly qualified to address complex issues, including those that require oral surgery to correct. To schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today by calling 562-584-4082. We proudly serve patients of all ages from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and all surrounding communities.