When it comes to making sure our patients feel at ease, we go above and beyond to create a relaxing environment and experience. We understand that not every patient who calls up to schedule an appointment feels comfortable doing so. Or, you may find that certain procedures cause you to feel uneasy. Fortunately, we offer a variety of sedation dentistry options to relax you. Feeling a great weight lifted off of your shoulders yet eager to learn a bit more? Find out how much you know about sedation and learn some new facts by taking the following quiz:
Sedation Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: We only offer sedation dentistry for patients who are visiting us for a complex treatment or who have decided to replace teeth with dental implants.
- True or False: If you decide to choose sedation dentistry, you will need someone to take you home after your appointment. Driving yourself home is never an option.
- True or False: We offer sedation for more than just dental anxiety.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. Regardless of the reason you have decided to schedule a visit with us, sedation is an option. We understand that some patients even feel anxious picking up the phone to schedule an appointment. Do us and yourself a favor and let us know how you are feeling, so we can quickly find a way to accommodate your needs.
- False. This depends completely on the type of sedation you receive. If you choose IV sedation, you will need a ride home because it will take time for the medicine to wear off. However, you will be able to drive yourself home on your own if you choose nitrous oxide. This form of sedation wears off very quickly.
- True. Though many patients choose sedation dentistry because of their severe dental anxiety, it is not the only qualifying reason to request it. Some patients suffer from a gag reflex that results in difficult treatment, others need a lot of work accomplished at once. Some patients feel nervous and just can’t seem to shake their jitters.
ABOUT YOUR CERRITOS ORAL SURGEON:
Dr. Shawn Hofkes and the staff at Cerritos Dental Surgery are highly qualified to address complex issues, including those that require oral surgery to correct. To schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today by calling 562-584-4082. We proudly serve patients of all ages from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and all surrounding communities.