Feeling nervous about undergoing surgery of any kind is natural. You may even try to avoid the issue or delay treatment, asking yourself: “Do I really need oral surgery?” However, oral surgery is not only comfortable, but often necessary to help you maintain a healthy and whole smile.
Cerritos, CA Oral Surgery Quiz
- True or False: Surgery is often necessary to protect your oral health.
- True or False: We can use a surgical procedure to remove wisdom teeth.
- True or False: We can perform bone grafting to prepare patients for dental implants.
- True or False: Oral surgery is necessary to place dental implants.
- True. Oral surgery can be used to address a number of issues. For example, an extraction can address severe decay or an infection. There are also surgical options for addressing gum disease. We can even replace missing teeth with a surgical procedure, placing a dental implant. To ensure the comfort of our patients, we offer anesthetic, sedation dentistry, and are eager to answer any questions or address any concerns a patient may have regarding treatment.
- True. As we enter adulthood a new set of molars may erupt, known as wisdom teeth. However, the wisdom teeth can cause misalignment, impaction, infection, or fractured/chipped teeth. In order to avoid the consequences of the their molars we can remove them with an extraction procedure.
- True. In some cases, the jawbone tissue has dissolved due to tooth loss. As a result, the jaw can no longer support a prosthesis. Fortunately, we can buildup up the jawbone tissue with a bone grafting procedure.
- True. Like real teeth, dental implants have a “root” in the form of a biocompatible titanium post. We actually surgically insert this post so it bonds with the jawbone tissue. The result is a sturdy replacement tooth that can last for decades.
ABOUT YOUR CERRITOS ORAL SURGEON:
Dr. Shawn Hofkes and the staff at Cerritos Dental Surgery are highly qualified to address complex issues, including those that require oral surgery to correct. To schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today by calling 562-584-4082. We proudly serve patients of all ages from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and all surrounding communities.