We know that losing a tooth is bad for your oral health, but what if that’s not always the case? In many instances, removing a tooth is crucial for maintaining optimal oral health. Do you need a tooth extraction? There are actually a number of situations where an extraction is the best option for addressing your oral health problems.
Cerritos, CA Tooth Extraction Quiz
- True or False: Removing a tooth can protect your oral health.
- True or False: Wisdom teeth often require extraction.
- True or False: The doctor will ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- True or False: We will provide detailed aftercare instruction.
- True. When a tooth develops severe decay, an infection can occur. Injury or poor hygiene are both common factors behind dental infection. Without treatment, the tooth may need to be removed. Otherwise the infection will reach the surrounding teeth or the jawbone tissue itself.
- True. As we enter adulthood, up to four additional molars can erupt. Known as wisdom teeth, they can lead to misalignment, cracked/chipped teeth, or a painful impaction. To protect the beauty and health of your smile we can remove the wisdom teeth with oral surgery.
- True. We want our patients to remain relaxed and comfortable. First, we will administer a local anesthetic to numb the area. If a patient is nervous regarding the procedure, we may also recommend sedation dentistry. Dental sedation can help a person enter a relaxed state, having no memory of the procedure despite being conscious.
- True. Once the procedure ends, we will provide a number of instructions for caring for the area, helping it heal, and hat to eat or avoid during the next few days. We will also schedule a follow-up visit.
ABOUT YOUR CERRITOS ORAL SURGEON:
Dr. Shawn Hofkes and the staff at Cerritos Dental Surgery are highly qualified to address complex issues, including those that require oral surgery to correct. To schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today by calling 562-584-4082. We proudly serve patients of all ages from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and all surrounding communities.