At Cerritos Dental Surgery, we understand the importance of obtaining a beautiful smile. We want our patients to enjoy the improved confidence and qualify of life that accompanies improved dental health. To help address cosmetic smile issues, we offer innovative porcelain veneers. With porcelain veneers, you can experience complete smile rejuvenation with a single procedure.
Porcelain Veneer Quiz
1. True or False: Veneers are made using thin shells of porcelain.
2. True or False: Porcelain veneers match surrounding teeth.
3. True or False: Porcelain veneers address multiple smile issues.
4. True or False: Veneers are long lasting.
1. True. Each veneer is custom-made based on impressions taken of your teeth. The impressions will be used to design and fabricate your individual veneers from porcelain. This material reflects light in a similar manner as natural tooth enamel. Porcelain is also stain resistant.
2. True. Dr. Shawn Hofkes can shade the veneers and whiten your teeth prior to placement to ensure your new restorations blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth.
3. True. Dr. Hofkes may recommend porcelain veneers to mask permanent teeth stains, correct the appearance of minor misalignment, or lengthen worn down teeth. Veneers also help close unsightly gaps between teeth, repair chipped or cracked teeth, and reshape malformed or damaged teeth.
4. True. Like most restorations, porcelain veneers are designed to last for several years. To help your restorations remain strong and attractive, you should practice good oral hygiene. Each day, you should brush your teeth twice and floss once. You also need to undergo routine checkups and dental cleanings twice a year. With a little maintenance, you can ensure your smile and your new veneers remain bright and healthy.
About Your Cerritos Oral Surgeon:
Shawn Hofkes, DDS, is highly qualified to address complex issues, including the placement of porcelain veneers. He can also help improve the beauty of your smile with cosmetic dentistry. To schedule your appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today by calling 562-584-4082. We proudly serve patients of all ages from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and all surrounding communities.