Porcelain Veneers in Cerritos CA
If you’re ready to invest in a dazzling white smile with a natural finish, consider porcelain veneers. Whether you feel your teeth are unsightly from natural wear and tear or if you are unhappy with other imperfections, allow Dr. Hofkes and our team to create the smile you’ve been dreaming of.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin layers of porcelain, a translucent white ceramic material, applied over one’s teeth. Your dental surgeon, Dr. Hofkes, will build layers of this material over each individual tooth to recreate the appearance of a beautiful white tooth. The porcelain is much like your natural tooth enamel. It bonds to your natural tooth to form a solid, strong structure for a smile that looks clean and new with the same function you expect from your natural teeth.
Am I a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
This cosmetic dentistry procedure is appropriate for a wide variety of purposes. Perhaps you’re looking for a way to camouflage natural aging of your teeth. Or, maybe other issues have always made you wish for a better smile. Porcelain veneers are versatile and fit many unique circumstances, including making the following changes to your smile:
- Veneers create a whiter smile without bleaching or whitening of your natural teeth. This is helpful for someone whose teeth respond poorly to whitening procedures.
- They can reshape your teeth. If you have chipped teeth or simply do not like the shape or texture of your teeth, allow Dr. Hofkes to rebuild them with veneers.
- Veneers fill gaps and create the appearance of straighter teeth much faster than traditional orthodontic work.
A smile of porcelain veneers is much like a mouth full of natural teeth, so you don’t have to worry about more demanding upkeep. You will still need to brush, floss, and practice caution with staining foods, such as red wine. Reach for non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid scratching your new smile and you can go about your usual routine.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
The team at the offices of Shawn Hofkes, DDS, is here to help you achieve a natural-looking, gorgeous smile. If you’re not sure veneers are the right choice for your cosmetic dentistry needs, take a look through the benefits to help you reach a decision:
- The translucent white appearance of porcelain reflects light, mimicking the look of natural teeth.
- Because veneers are placed over teeth after removing only a small amount of enamel, you can preserve the integrity of the natural teeth beneath. This is unlike crowns, for example, which require the filing down of each tooth.
- Veneers are custom-made for a finished look that blends well with the shape of your mouth and face.
Schedule an Appointment!
At the offices of Shawn Hofkes, DDS, we are dedicated to providing you with the care that will help you achieve a healthy, brilliant smile. Please contact us today to schedule your dental appointment with Dr. Hofkes. Contact our Cerritos office located in Fountain Plaza, directly across from Los Cerritos Center. Shawn Hofkes, DDS, is happy to offer dental services to patients from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, Fullerton, and surrounding communities.