Emergency Dentistry in Cerritos CA
Dr. Hofkes understands that not all dental issues happen during regular business hours. Whether you find yourself in a surprising amount of tooth pain or if you experience sudden physical damage, like a broken tooth, we will serve as your emergency dentist. We consider you a member of our family and have your well-being and comfort at heart. In the case of an emergency, rest easy knowing you can contact us at any hour for immediate assistance.
What Should I Do During an Emergency?
Emergencies can get your blood flowing and send you into a state of panic. While reacting to a situation is a natural response, your best bet is to relax and remember we are here to help you maintain a beautiful, functional smile and optimal oral health. Stay calm and call our office. Leave a detailed voicemail if there is no answer, including your name, the emergency, and your phone number.
If a life-threatening trauma or emergency outside of the scope of our dental services occurs, contact 911 immediately or go straight to the emergency room. While you are waiting for us to return your call or as you prepare to visit us, adhere to the following steps, if they apply:
- Leave the problem area alone. Attempting to fix an issue yourself may make it worse while causing extra stress and irritation.
- Gather all pieces of chipped, broken, or damaged teeth or prosthetics. Bring them with you to the office.
- Hold a dislodged tooth by the crown. Rinse a knocked-out permanent tooth gently under warm water. Do not rinse away any attached tissue. Carefully place the tooth back in its socket to see if you can reinsert it until you arrive at our offices. If not, protect the tooth by placing in it a container filled with milk or saltwater. Do not use plain, salt-free water.
- Bite down on clean fabric, such as cotton gauze, to help stop bleeding within your mouth.
- If possible, take an over-the-counter pain medication if you are experiencing pain. Alleviate pain and swelling by gently placing a cold compress against your face in the area of discomfort.
In most cases, the earlier we treat a problem, the greater the success rate. Call us the moment an emergency takes place so we can get you into the office and have you fixed up and comfortable again in the shortest amount of time.
Schedule an Appointment!
At the offices of Shawn Hofkes, DDS, we are dedicated to providing you with the care that will help you achieve a healthy, brilliant smile. Please contact us today to schedule your dental appointment with Dr. Hofkes. Contact our Cerritos office located in Fountain Plaza, directly across from Los Cerritos Center. Shawn Hofkes, DDS, is happy to offer dental services to patients from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, Fullerton, and surrounding communities.