Do you feel anxiety when visiting the dentist? You’re not alone. Many people suffer from dental anxiety, some so severe even undergoing something as simple as a dental cleaning can be stressful. Fortunately, your Cerritos CA oral surgeon, Dr. Shawn Hofkes, understands. To help anxious patients receive the dental treatment they need, we provide an array of sedation dentistry options.
Cerritos CA Sedation Dentistry Quiz
1. True or False: Sedation dentistry helps patients with dental anxiety.
2. True or False: Your Cerritos CA oral surgeon offers sedation with nitrous oxide.
3. True or False: For deeper sedation, Dr. Hofkes provides IV sedation.
4. True or False: Patients can also receive oral sedation.
1. True. For patients with dental anxiety, sedation dentistry helps them relax and remain calm throughout the procedure. In addition, patients with development disorders or certain medical complications may benefit from sedation dentistry. The type of sedation you receive will depend on a number of factors, including your medical history and the type of procedure being performed.
2. True. Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide helps patients feel calm. The sedative is administered through a mask. Once the procedure ends, the affects wear off almost immediately, allowing you to return to work or school.
3. True. In some cases, patients may require more extensive treatment. IV sedation provides a deeper form of relaxation, With IV sedation, a trained anesthesiologist will monitor your vitals at all times.
4. True. Using alone or combined with IV sedation, oral sedation is a pill that allows patients with anxiety to stay calm. As with IV sedation, oral sedation will leave you feeling groggy and you will need to arrange for someone to bring you home.
Schedule a Visit Today with Your Cerritos CA Oral Surgeon
Interested in receiving quality dental treatment with sedation dentistry? Then don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with your Cerritos CA oral surgeon today. With advanced training in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Shawn Hofkes, DDS is qualified to provide comfortable, advanced gum disease treatments. To schedule your appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today. We proudly serve patients of all ages from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and all surrounding communities.