Within the world of dentistry, there are a number of different specialties, including oral surgery. To help maintain a healthy and stable smile, may patients may need to undergo oral surgery. At Cerritos Dental Surgery, we understand that oral surgery may be vital for keeping your smile attractive and whole.
Cerritos CA Oral Surgeon Quiz
1. True or False: An oral surgeon can help replace missing teeth.
2. True or False: Oral surgery may be necessary to remove wisdom teeth.
3. True or False: Your Cerritos CA oral surgeon offers sedation dentistry.
4. True or False: For patients with esthetic issues, your Cerritos CA oral surgeon provides cosmetic dentistry.
1. True. Dental implants provide natural looking and strong replacements for missing teeth. Implants are inserted directly into the jawbone, where they bond with bone tissue like a natural tooth. As an oral surgeon, Dr. Hofkes can place your dental implants, starting you on the road to a whole and healthy smile.
2. True. Wisdom teeth, or third molars, typically arrive between the ages of 17 and 21. While our mouth is designed to hold 28 teeth, wisdom teeth push that number to 32, causing misalignment, impaction, and even infection. An oral surgeon, like Dr. Hofkes, can remove wisdom teeth before serious dental issues develop.
3. True. For patients with anxiety or sensitive gag reflexes, Dr. Hofkes offers sedation dentistry. Using either nitrous oxide or IV sedation, Dr. Hofkes can help you remain calm and relaxed throughout the procedure.
4. True. Do you suffer from stain, damaged, or misshapen teeth? With cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Hofkes can restore your smile with lifelike crowns, porcelain veneers, and tooth-colored composite fillings.
Schedule a Visit Today
Do you require wisdom tooth removal? Do you need a tooth replaced or cosmetic treatment? Then don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with your Cerritos CA oral surgeon today. With advanced training in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Shawn Hofkes, DDS is qualified to provide comfortable, advanced gum disease treatments. To schedule your appointment or consultation with Dr. Hofkes, contact us today. We proudly serve patients of all ages from Cerritos, Lakewood, Long Beach, Buena Park, and all surrounding communities.